1. Prepare hash browns by shredding the sweet potato first. After shredding, pat dry with a towel to make sure all excess water is removed. Mix it in a large bowl with the 3 eggs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Bring a large saucepan to medium heat with oil. Place your preferred size of sweet potato hash onto the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once all of them have browned place them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
3. Make the hollandaise sauce: melt the butter in a pan or microwave. Put the egg yolks and lemon into a blender for 30 seconds un-til the color begins to fade lighter. Slowly add the melted butter.
4. To cook the poached eggs, bring a medium sized pan to a gentle simmer and add the vinegar. Crack an egg into a ramekin and carefully poor it into the water. Leave to cook gently for 3 minutes for a runny yolk (longer if desired.)
5. Meanwhile, sauté the Fresh Attitude baby spinach in a pan with a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place turkey bacon on a separate pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side. No oil is required.
6. In each serving plate, lay a sweet potato hash bowrn, top with the spinach, the turkey bacon and the poached egg. Serve with the hollandaise sauce on the side.
A recipe from Amanda Pelkey, PWHPA member, Olympic gold medallist in ice hockey, 2-time Ice hockey World champion, 2-time U18 World Junior Ice Hockey champion with Team Canada.
PWHPA - Professional Women's Hockey Players Association