FRESH ATTITUDE IS 100% COMMITTED
All our containers are made from 100% recycled materials
Why VegPro is committed to the environment
It’s important for our family business to take steps to ensure a greener future for coming generations and the well-being of our agricultural land.
For these reasons, Fresh Attitude is proud to make the transition to a greener option.
Since a semi-rigid package is necessary to protect our delicate baby lettuce, our challenge was to find a more ecological solution than one using virgin plastic.
VegPro and Cascades: a sustainable partnership
VegPro has chosen to partner with Cascades, a leader in sustainable packaging, to help bring its environmental commitment to life.
Cascades is able to draw on 55 years of experience in recovery and manufacturing of products made from recycled materials. The company continuously works at developing sustainable and innovative production processes to reduce the environmental footprint of its packaging. This is achieved by developing its products based on sustainability criteria, while making sure to reduce its water and energy consumption. Cascades’ efforts support reusing materials and the circular economy.
A concrete impact
Together, we have designed a recyclable container made from 100% recycled materials that protects the freshness of the baby lettuce in our salad kits. Since Spring 2021, all Fresh Attitude containers are made from 100% recycled materials and, as always, recyclable.
VegPro and Cascades are proud to offer you the salads you love in sustainable containers, made in Quebec.
our recycled containers
in stopping over 4,000 tons of plastic containers
from going into landfills every year
your ready-to-eat salad
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
VegPro has chosen to partner with Cascades, a leader in sustainable packaging, to help bring its environmental commitment to life. Cascades is able to draw on more than 55 years of experience in recovery, recycling and production of recycled products. The company continuously works to develop sustainable and innovative processes to reduce its environmental footprint and that of its products. This is achieved by relying on strict sustainability criteria, including life cycle assessment.
The Cascades plant that produces Fresh Attitude packaging is located in Drummondville.
1. Remove the plastic wrap on the top of the package.
2. Remove the label on the bottom of the package, if there is one.
3. Separate the insert from the container.
4. Rinse the insert and the container and put them in your recycling bin.
We chose recyclable containers for the important reasons below.
– Recovery and recycling infrastructure is more prevalent than composting infrastructure.
– Recycling gives a second life to materials and therefore contributes to the circular economy. Compostable products turn into compost, which means they cannot be reused to make new products.
– Biosourced plastics are fully or partly produced using bio-based or plant-derived material. So they require the use of land to cultivate their raw material: land that can sometimes compete with human food crops.
– Compostable containers don’t contribute to the material’s reuse or to the circular economy.
A survey of our community made it clear that a majority of our consumers was in favour of leaving the fork out of our salads. Our decision to leave the fork out fits perfectly with our overall goal of improving the environmental footprint of our packaging. That is why we chose to do so at the same time as we introduced our containers made from 100% recycled materials.
We have the largest corporative farm specializing in growing baby lettuce in Canada. So we are committed to researching and implementing methods that help preserve our land and our environment.
Our objective has always been to reduce pesticides by, for example,
– Choosing to use biopesticides;
– Practising precision farming;
– Using artificial intelligence and robotics;
– Testing various seeds resistant to weather conditions, insect pests and diseases.
In season (May to October), we grow our fresh greens and vegetables in our own fields in Canada.
During the winter (December to March), we grow our produce on our land in Florida.
The transition periods when we need to obtain produce from our west coast partners last barely four weeks in the fall and and another four during the spring. These partners also use sustainable farming practices.
The red seal made of polypropylene had not been recyclable because of its size. In the transition, we have replaced it with a seal made of the same material as the container. This new sealing method is now recyclable and secure. Please rest assured that your Fresh Attitude containers are securely sealed.