Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit (204 C)
2. Place the cubed squash on a baking pan evenly. Drizzle the squash with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 or until the squash is fork tender. Transfer it to a high powered blender and add the milk, thyme, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Blend until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Taste sauce and add additional seasoning if needed.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta shells according to the back of the package. Drain water, and set aside.
5. In a saucepan saute onion and garlic first. Then add in the Fresh Attitude spinach and saute all together. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the ricotta, the dried thyme and oregano, salt and pepper.
7. Coat a baking dish with the butternut squash sauce.
8. Assemble pasta shells by filling each shell with the spinach ricotta mixture, around 1-2 tablespoons. Place the stuffed shells fac-ing up in the baking dish.
9. Sprinkle shells with mozzarella cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with crushed red pepper and fried sage. Enjoy!
A recipe from Laura Fortino, PWHPA member, Olympic gold and silver medallist in ice hockey, Ice hockey World champion with Team Canada and CWHL champion.
PWHPA - Professional Women's Hockey Players Association