1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, soften the onion in olive oil. Add the rice and stir a few minutes.
2. Add the white wine and reduce until almost dry. It is important to continually stir the rice so that it does not stick. Add chicken broth, one cup at a time, stirring frequently until the liquid is completely absorbed before adding more broth. Season to taste with thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Cook until the rice is «al dente» and slightly liquid, add the cheese to form a smooth creamy sauce.
4. Add baby kale, stirring a few extra minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. In a small frying pan, pour a little olive oil and brown the pine nuts to a nutty colour and taste.
6. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top.
7. Be aware, the pines nuts grill fast.