Spinach Stuffed Flank Steak:
1. Oil pan on medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and shallots till softened slightly. Salt and remove before they go mushy. Set aside to cool. In the same pan, lower heat to low and add ½ container of Fresh Attitude Spinach to slightly wilt. Set aside.
2. Butterfly flank steak and use meat mallet to attain even consistency. Salt and add a layer of goat cheese, mushrooms and shallots, then Fresh Attitude baby spinach. Roll the flank, keeping it tight and secure with butcher’s twine.
3. Heat grill on one side, preferably with cast iron skillet. Sear roast on hot side of grill until nicely coloured. Place the roast on the cooler side of grill, close the lid and let the roast cook at 350 F until the internal temperature reaches 145 F.
4. Rest the roast for however long it cooked on grill. When serving, slice steak against the grain. Top with Chimichurri sauce and serve with roast carrots.
1. Chop the parsley, cilantro and remaining Fresh Attitude Spinach.
2. Whip together the lime juice, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
3. Mix with the minced garlic and the chopped herbs. Slowly drizzle olive oil until a chunky but saucy consistency is achieved. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Caramelized Oven Roasted Carrots:
1. Preheat the oven at 450F.
2. Spread washed carrots on baking sheet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Place a few heads of garlic on baking sheet in their skin.
3. Add grapeseed oil, fresh thyme, rosemary and salt. Massage carrots to coat evenly.
4. Roast carrots for 25-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of carrots. Check every 12-15 minutes and turn each carrot as the bottom browns.
A recipe from Sarah Potomak, PWHPA member, silver medalist - Ice hockey World championship, U18 World Junior Ice Hockey champion with Team Canada & NCAA champion.
PWHPA - Professional Women's Hockey Players Association