Roasted pulled hoisin duck
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F and roast a whole duck for 2.5 hours or until tender enough to be able to pull it apart with a knife.
2. Once the duck is cooked and pulled apart, prepare the duck by lathering it in a homemade hoisin marinade (hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, orange juice all blended up).
3. Return to the oven for another 2-3 min on broil so that is can become crisp and tasty. Once the meat is finished you can set it aside while preparing the salad.
1. Combine all the hoisin dressing ingredients in a blender of the and mix until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine the Fresh Attitude arugula, the kale and the green cabbage. Add the green peas, carrots, baby onions and homemade pickled onions.
3. Put the salad in each serving bowl and top with the desired quantity of roasted duck, hoisin dressing, sesame seeds, cilantro and peanuts.
4. If you are feeling up to it make a fresh fluffy bao bun on the side to liven up the bowl and add a sandwich option to the fun!
Voila! One of the best salads you will ever try!
A recipe from Laura Stacey, PWHPA member, Olympic silver medallist in ice hockey, silver medalist -Ice hockey World championship U18 World Junior Ice Hockey champion with Team Canada & Clarkson Cup Champion..
PWHPA - Professional Women's Hockey Players Association