Pair this hearty soup with a slice of crusty bread for a warming lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz (375 g) turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4.5 oz (128 g) packed VITA Greens with Baby Kale
1. Heat oil in large saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Add onion, garlic and carrots. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Add broth, tomatoes and beans to saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in VITA Greens with Baby Kale and cook for 2 minutes or until greens are wilted.
For a vegetarian alternative, use plant-based sausage and substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.