Arugula mint pesto
1. In a blender, combine garlic, almonds, parmesan cheese, arugula and mint. Blend or pulse until mixed.
2. With the motor running, slowly add olive oil (1/2cup) into the mixture. Blend well. If pesto seems too thick, add a little more olive oil.
3. Transfer to a bowl and adjust salt and pepper to taste if desired. Set aside.
Pan seared scallops
1. Place scallops on a sheet pan lined with paper towel. With another paper towel, dry the scallops by lightly pressing into each scal-lop.
2. Season both sides of the scallop with salt and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil (2tbsp.) in a large pan over high heat.
3. Add scallops to pan, avoid crowding them. Cook scallops for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Don’t move them while cooking. Flip the scallops with a tong and sear for another 1 ½ minutes. Your scallops should have a golden brown crust on them.
4. Serve immediately over a bed of arugula mint pesto.
A recipe from Mélanie Desrochers, PWHPA member &CWHL Champion.
PWHPA - Professional Women's Hockey Players Association