Vegpro International Inc. is a recognized North American leader in innovation in agricultural production and the packaging of salads and vegetables to supply our customers in Canada and on the East Coast of America year-round. North. Known under the brand name “Fresh Attitude’’ our prewashed lettuces are available in major food chains.
A Canadian company that employs nearly 1,000 employees and has experienced sustained and accelerated growth since its founding in 1998. It offers a very dynamic work environment and ambitious growth challenges. The company has 4 product packaging factories, two factories in Sherrington, QC, one in Coldstream, British Columbia and one in Belle-Glade in Florida, in addition to cultivating land in Quebec, British Columbia and Florida.
Are you an expert in all aspects of agricultural mechanics and have management experience?
Under the responsibility of the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Agricultural Mechanics department according to established standards and procedures, respecting deadlines and ensuring sound cost management as well as the development of your team in respect of the best practices in a continuous improvement mission.
Main Responsibilities of the Team Leader – Agricultural Mechanic
- Prioritize the work to be performed based on cost, time and estimated time
- Assign and explain chores and tasks to employees, and communicate deadlines
- Request parts from the storekeeper
- Perform procedural searches in order to support and facilitate teamwork
- Audit work when completed to ensure that work orders are properly performed
- Communicate to the appropriate people (Farm Mechanical Supervisor, Applicant, Production Coordinator) the re-availability of the equipment
- Participate in the integration and training of new employees, as well as monitor their learning progress
- Manage employee’s performance and development by ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Track and ensure proper execution of the planned maintenance program
Qualifications and Requirements of the Team Leader – Agricultural Mechanical
- DEP in Agricultural Mechanics or other training deemed relevant
- More than 7 years of experience in a similar position ideally in an agricultural environment
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, welding, heavy equipment and electronics
- Fluent in French, English and Spanish, oral and written (an asset)
- Mobilizing leadership and change agent
- Sense of urgency, organization and priority management
- Analytical, deductive and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Availability to work 6 months in Canada and 6 months in Florida is considered an asset
Avantages and Benefits of the Team Leader – Agricultural Mechanical
- Competitive compensation according to your experience
- Annual performance bonus
- Group Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Collaborative and teamwork environment
- Company in constant growth
For more information about our company: www.vegpro.com and http://attitudefraiche.com
Vegpro International is committed to employment equity and diversity.
We thank you for your interest in the position and the company. Please note that all applications are evaluated. However, only candidates selected for the shortlist will be contacted.