VegPro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaf lettuce and salads, supplying customers in North America all year long under the well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong and rapidly growing presence in the United States.
We own and farm approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream, BC and we have built a 70,000 sq. ft state-of-the-art produce packaging facility.
We operate in Quebec and now in BC with expertise in both growing and packaging conventional and organic produce.
To respond to growth opportunities in the West, we have an opening for a full-time Seeding Supervisor to join our Vert Nature farm team in Coldstream, BC.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Seeding Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs sowing operations according to established standards. Sound management skills and knowledge of the materials and equipment are an asset.
- Plan weekly sowing according to the program: understanding seed quality, sowing distance and depth, etc.
- Control, maintain and reconcile seed inventories and seed quality
- Ensure the maintenance and proper functioning of the machinery (with the Equipment Operator and Mechanics)
- Control the efficiency and quality of work through training and managing staff
- Participate in continuous improvement meetings and follow up on specific projects
- Maintain compliance with occupational health and safety standards and track records
- Participate in flash meetings and production meetings
- Maintain compliance with food safety standards and G.A.P.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College Diploma or Degree in Horticultural Production, Food Science, Environmental science, Agriculture, Farm Business Management and Operations and/or any training deemed relevant
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in operations management of food or agricultural production
- Relevant experience in personnel management and leadership
- Valid driver’s license.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Spanish is an asset.
Please send your cover letter, resume and references. For more information about our company: www.vegpro.com and http://attitudefraiche.com
Vegpro International is committed to employment equity and diversity. We thank you for your interest in the position and the company. Please note that all applications are evaluated. However, only candidates selected for the shortlist will be contacted.