Are you an experienced leader with a passion for food safety, organization and Quality Control/Assurance? Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an organization that rewards success and encourages innovation, process improvement and collaboration?
Salade Etcetera! Inc, Coldstream BC, a subsidiary of Vegpro International is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a strong background in food safety, quality, and productivity.
The person in this role is responsible for the leadership and oversight of a team of Quality Control/Assurance technicians. The Quality team plays a key role in ensuring the highest of quality standards are adhered to, and that product quality, traceability and best practices are always followed. The Manager of Quality Assurance will also be responsible for building a strong relationship with CFIA, its reps, and various auditors including Eco-cert and Primus.
· Ensure the smooth running of all activities of the operational quality control team according to established standards and procedures.
· Provide support to Operational Quality team leader in carrying out their work.
· Ensure communication and close collaboration with production, maintenance, and shipping departments.
· Lead continuous improvement projects of the QC department.
· Ensure active participation and effective collaboration with the production, engineering, procurement, and logistics sectors.
· Plan, update and maintain the work team schedule in collaboration with Plant Manager.
· Plan and approve staffing requirements and participate in recruitment.
· Participate in the Quality portion of employee orientation for all new employees from all departments.
· Evaluate and ensure the development of employee skills.
· Ensure the adherence of company policies and procedures and timely management of disciplinary measures.
· Ensure the conformity of raw material and finished product according to the specifications outlined by the company and health authorities.
· Participate in the investigation of complaints related to quality.
· Monitor quality gaps and their corrective and preventive actions, as appropriate.
· Ensure the execution and maintenance of the program for receiving and returning products.
· Maintain and update programs and procedures related to the Quality department.
· Monitor procedures and propose improvements.
· Ensure effective collaboration and communication of microbiological programs & with the Micro Lab & HACCP Coordinator.
· Manage employees under your supervision.
· Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
· BA in Food Science and Technology, Microbiology or other relevant training combined with a minimum of five (5) years in quality control including a minimum of three (3) years in a leadership/management role.
· Knowledge of the food and a production environment
· Good knowledge of HACCP standards.
· Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel software.
· Bilingual is an asset (English/French or English/Spanish)
· The successful candidates will have to be flexible in their work schedule due to the operational realities and various shifts of the company.
· Strong leadership and communication.
· Excellent Organizational Skills both physically and electronically
· Excellent judgment.
· Great analytical skills.
· Confidence in operational decision-making
Effective management of time and priorities.
For more information about our company visit www.vegpro.com and http://attitudefraiche.com/en/
VegPro International is committed to employment equity and diversity.