VegPro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaf lettuce and salads, supplying customers in North America all year long under the well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong and rapidly growing presence in the United States.
We own and farm approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream, BC and we have built a 70,000 sq. ft state-of-the-art produce packaging facility.
We operate in Quebec and now in BC with expertise in both growing and packaging conventional and organic produce.
To respond to growth opportunities in the West, we have an opening for a full-time Harvest Supervisor to join our Vert Nature farm team in Coldstream, BC.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Agriculture Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs sowing, harvesting and weeding operations according to established standards. Sound management skills and knowledge of the material and equipment needed are an asset. Completion of weekly reports will be required.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct harvesting and weeding operations according to the program
- Implement best harvesting practices for efficiency and quality
- Manage sowing or weeding, and harvesting employees (Farm Workers)
- Participate in continuous improvement meetings and follow up on specific projects
- Maintain compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) standards and track records
- Participate in flash meetings and production meetings
- Respect and ensure compliance with food safety standards and G.A.P.
- Perform other related tasks.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College Diploma or Degree in Horticultural Production, Food Science, Agriculture, Farm Business Management and Operations and/or any training deemed relevant
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in operations of food or agricultural production, ideally in market gardening
- Relevant experience in mobilizing and decision-making leadership
- Valid driver’s license
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Spanish is an asset.
- Open and easy communication with employees, other supervisors, and Farm Manager
- Ability to work long hours
- Sense of organization and priority management
- Ability to work under pressure
*** Please send your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our company: www.vegpro.com and http://attitudefraiche.com
Vegpro International is committed to employment equity and diversity.
We thank you for your interest in the position and the company. Please note that all applications are evaluated. However, only candidates selected for the shortlist will be contacted.