Vegpro International Inc. is a recognized North American leader in innovation in agricultural production and the packaging of salads and vegetables to supply our customers in Canada and on the East Coast of America year-round. North. Known under the brand name “Fresh Attitude’’ our prewashed lettuces are available in major food chains.
A Canadian company that employs nearly 1,000 employees and has experienced sustained and accelerated growth since its founding in 1998. It offers a very dynamic work environment and ambitious growth challenges. The company has 4 product packaging factories, two factories in Sherrington, QC, one in Coldstream, British Columbia and one in Belle-Glade in Florida, in addition to cultivating land in Quebec, British Columbia and Florida.
Under the responsibility of the harvest supervisor, you will assist supervisor with all the harvest and weeding operations according to the established norms (productivity, costs, efficiency, and product quality) in order to minimize unnecessary travel and meet the harvest deadlines. You will have to support the supervisor in the management of the material and equipment needed for the harvest. You will have to respect and ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures (ESH, good agricultural and food safety practices).
Main responsibilities of the harvest coordinator
- Support the harvest and weeding operations according to the established norms (productivity, costs, efficiency, and product quality) in order to minimize cost and meet the harvest deadline
- Plan the daily schedule for harvesting
- Coordinate the weeding sequences
- Ensure regular communication with his supervisor
- Supervise the quality of the overall work of his team and ensure compliance with deadline
- Recommend working methods, tools or equipment to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of harvesting operations (For example: guide to good harvesting and weeding practices)
- Participate in the development of the criteria for the implementation of programs (variety, cultivar, growth curves, yield)
- Coordinate the work of employees (team leader and farm laborer) and harvest equipment
- Comply and ensure compliance with EHS, good agricultural practices and food safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure that employees work safely, comply with the established dress code and the wearing of mandatory protective equipment
- Report any hazardous situation or potential contamination to the immediate superior
- Write workplace accident reports and participate in investigations as required
- Complete all recordkeeping and documentation of Harvest
- Support the supervisor in the material and equipment management for the harvest
- Inform the supervisor of defective or obsolete equipment
- Perform any other related tasks
Job requirements for the harvest coordinator position
- DSC in horticultural production and environmental technology, farm management and operations, or other relevant training. An absence of a diploma may be compensated by sufficient experience
- Relevant experience of one (1) to three (3) years in a similar position, ideally in Vegetable or Leafy green lettuce production
- Relevant experience in personnel management
- Fluent in written and oral English also speak Spanish fluently.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work long hours
Skills of the harvest coordinator
- Engaging and decision-making leadership
- Global Vision
- Organizational and priority management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with employees
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
For more information about our company: www.vegpro.com and http://attitudefraiche.com
Vegpro International is committed to employment equity and diversity.
We thank you for your interest in the position and the company. Please note that all applications are evaluated. However, only candidates selected for the shortlist will be contacted.