- 6 Large eggs
- 1 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato, sliced or diced
- 1 1/2 cup 375ml Fresh Attitude prewashed baby spinach
- 1 cup 250ml Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 125ml Milk (optional – gives a softer texture to the Fritatta)
- 2 tbsp. 30ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh herbs, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven or the BBQ (with the lid closed) to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Then add the cheese and the tomato.
3. Warm oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for ano-ther minute.
4. Pour in the egg mixture and Cook for another 5 minutes until the egg starts to set.
5. Place the skillet in the oven or in the BBQ, taking care to turn off the gas under the pan, leaving the other fires on at medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes until the eggs have set.
6. Serve topped with the fresh herbs of your choice.
You can also add potatoes, thinly sliced, or diced. Vary your vegetables! Replace the tomato and zucchini with chopped dry shallot, bell pepper or broccoli florets.