Kale pesto is tossed with nutty quinoa and topped with chicken and chickpeas – so much more fun than a regular salad.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups packed Baby Kale Blend
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Bring quinoa and 2 cups (500 mL) of water to boil in a saucepan, set over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Fluff with fork.
2. Meanwhile, in food processor, combine Baby Kale Blend, walnuts, dill, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, pulse to blend. With motor running, add olive oil in a thin steady stream and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
3. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) of pesto, set aside. Toss quinoa with remaining pesto. Divide among bowls and top with chicken, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and feta. Top with reserved pesto.
Omit chicken for a vegetarian option.