- 1 container (142g 3 5oz) of Fresh Attitude prewashed arugula
- 1/2 cup 125ml grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup 65ml pine nuts
- 3 tbsps 30ml maple sirup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a blender, mix all the ingredients until obtention of a smooth texture.
Here are some fun ideas of how to use your delicious arugula pesto:
- Easy pesto pastas: add a few tablespoons of your pesto (to your taste) to cooked pastas. Garnish with fresh and/or sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and fresh arugula.
- Pesto fish: all fish, especially salmon, are excellent with pesto. Generously spread pesto on top of your piece of fish, then cook it how you would normally do. Serve with a fresh salad.
- Tomato, mozzarella and pesto pizza: garnish your pizzas with pesto, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. Once cooked, spread a few knobs of ricotta, fresh arugula and then drizzle with balsamic vinegar.